This project replaced the aged central chilled water plant that served the campus of the state operated healthcare facility.
Three new 375 ton rotary chillers (1125 tons total plant capacity) were installed to replace twenty-five year old single stage hot water absorption chillers. In addition to chiller replacement, this project replaced three cooling towers and repaired the existing condenser water pump buildings and piping. The common condenser water tank was eliminated. The central chilled water loops were modified to create a true primary/secondary loop system. The seven existing chilled water pumps were replaced with two new variable speed chilled water pumps. AHU control valves throughout the campus were converted to two-way operation.